Dota 2 introduces new hero, Skywrath Mage
This week’s patch gives you many things to look out for. Not only does it affect pub plays but it will surely hit the Pro scene. The first notable update is the addition of the hard-hitting Skywrath Mage; this flying hero will make make a huge impact in the current meta-game.
Other changes is the inclusion of Tuskar and Drow in the ‘Captain’s Mode’. Bet you will be seeing those massive DPS auras all around the map as soon as possible.
For other updates for this week’s patch you can refer to this list:
- Added Skywrath Mage!
- Added stricter system implementing communication (voice and text) bans for abusive players.
- Combined voice and text reports into a single 'communication' report.
- Reduced reports per week to 4.
- Removed ability for spectators to report player’s in-game.
- Reports now allow single selection of behavior type only.
- Beastmaster: Fixed Wild Axes losing vision after the second cast.
- Doom: Scorched Earth now shows its duration on the buff icon.
- Lich: Fixed Frost Armor auto-casting while Lich is channeling.
- Magnus: Fixed a rare crash involving Skewer.
- Slardar: Fixed Slithereen Crush not slowing attack speed.
- Spectre: Fixed Haunt illusions moving while out of the game.
- Timbersaw: Fixed Timberchain travelling too fast.
- Timbersaw: Fixed Timberchain not latching quite far enough.
- Tusk: Fixed Tusk not issuing an attack order on the snowballed unit after the snowball crashes.
- Enabled Drow and Tusk to Captain's Mode (Tournament Version next week)
- Added tab to the Watch section showing downloaded replay files.
- Riki: Added Smoke Screen and Blink Strike animations.
- Sniper: Added victory animations and more aggressive posing of idle, run and attack when enemy is in range.
- Bots now know to avoid standing in Macropyre and Ice Path.
- Added a button to the preview that allows you to test your imported model in-game, in a local server.
Interested to be a writer for RGN? Drop us an and include sample articles and we will get in touch with you.
For more information and updates, please follow us at